After a FULL day, kids finally in bed and kitchen cleaned, I get a text request at 9pm for 2 plates of dinner ready by 9:15pm (in 15 minutes). Hubby tells me our solo friend hasn't eaten all day and could use some company and a home-cooked meal. OF COURSE. Come on over! I have some fillets of Tilapia left that must be cooked anyway. This time, I want to use corn. I see 3 little fingerlings laying around and the super ripe avocados must be eatened tonight - PERFECT timing.
olive oil, enough to coat pan
3 fingerling potatoes, sliced thin
2 cups of frozen corn (or fresh corn)
1 ripe avocado, cut into bite size pieces
1 small ripe tomato, cut into bite size pieces
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 sweet onion, julienne thin
1 scallion, chopped
a dab of chili paste
black sesame seeds
Salt & Pepper
with Vietnamese Lime-Chili Dressing (recipe below)
(2) Heat Olive Oil in pan. On high, add onions for 2 minutes, add sliced fingerlings to brown on both sides, add smashed garlic. Add salt and pepper.
(3) Add frozen Corn
(4) Toss in Avocado, Tomato and Scallion, arrange in 2 bowls, add black sesame seeds.
(5) Add some chili paste and a squeeze of lime. Sweetness, crunch, creamy avocado...with chili kick, very tasty, very good.
**TILAPIA, CORN-AVOCADO-TOMATO RELISH**
2 thick fillets of Tilapia
1 ripe Avocado
1 ripe small Tomato
1 Scallion, chopped
2 cups of frozen Corn
Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper
Cooked Brown Rice
Black Sesame Seeds
(1) Turn the Grill on HIGH first. Season the tilapia fillets with Salt, Pepper and Granulated Garlic, Olive Oil. Let marinate room temp.
(2) Grill on HIGH (600 degrees) one side for 3 minutes, turn over and grill for another 2-3 minutes. Check for some grillmarks.
(3) Have 2 plates of Brown Rice with sesame seeds ready by the time the fish is done. Take the fillets carefully off the grill immediately so that you don't overcook the fish (dry & hard & no good)...deep black grillmarks, soft delicate white center. Perfect.
(4) Place the Grilled Tilapia on top of the rice.
(5) Add Corn (cold okay).
(6) Add/scatter the avocado, tomato and scallion.
Post a Comment